Are you thinking about buying an Opti Rowing machine in 2020? Are you unsure if it can meet your own personal needs? To learn more about our experiences, then please check out our Opti Rowing Machine review which will be based on using this rowing machine over a period of 3 weeks or so. Our focus really will be on the Opti Magnetic Rowing machine as this one tends to be the best model under this brand in our opinion, but we have also briefly included the lower priced Hydraulic and the Elastic rowing machines further down on this page so at least you have more than just one choice when it comes to making your own final decision.
The Opti Magnetic Rowing machine does tend to cost more but after using these various rowing machines, we feel that the Magnetic version is the best one to focus this review on. So, based on our 3 weeks experience, we will outline all the main features that it has to offer along with the pros and cons which are outlined further down on this page which we came across that will be of interest to you.
In addition, we will also outline a useful series of frequently asked questions that hopefully can answer many of the queries that you may have along with a summary video of the 4 different Rowing machines under this Opti brand that you can check out also if time is against you (outlined at the very end of this page)
Opti Rowing Machine Review Content:
- Part 1: Overview Plus FAQ’s
- Part 2: Opti Magnetic Rowing Machine (Features, Pros, Cons, Spec info)
- Part 3: Overview of Lower Priced Alternatives from Opti
- Part 4: Conclusion and User Feedback Examples
- Part 5: Video Summary of 4 Opti Rowing Machines
Note: Guide prices can only be published at the time of this Opti Rowing machine review, so please make sure to view the price checkers provided below to ensure you have the most accurate up to date price information.
Read also: Our JLL R200 Rowing Machine Review here
Part 1: Overview Plus FAQ’s
|Model:||Opti Magnetic Rowing Machine (plus Hydraulic + Elastic in brief)|
|Warranty:||1 year long|
|Best Price Guide:||£130 to £180 @ Argos UK – View todays updated price here|
|Support:||Customer support 9am to 5pm Mon to Fri - 0345 600 1714|
FAQ’s for the Opti Magnetic Rowing Machine (10)
Q1. Can this rowing machine be folded?
A. No, it cannot be folded over – only placed in an upright or horizontal position
Q2. Does this rowing machine need batteries?
A. Yes, and they are included in the pack (2 x AAA batteries)
Q3. Does it have the ability to track your pulse rates?
A. No, there are no pulse rate tracker or heart rate sensors available on this rowing machine
Q4. How can I reduce the noise level for excessive rowing?
A. You can place a deep base mat underneath to reduce the noise level
Q5. How tall can a person be to use this rowing machine?
A. As a guide, your inside leg length should be 97cm max
Q6. Are additional tools required for the assembly?
A. No, all the tools you need for assembly are included in the box
Q7. How heavy is this rowing machine for moving around your home?
A. The net weight is 19kg and there are integrated rollers to support mobility
Q8. What is the length from the pedals to the rear seat for leg lengths?
A. The length from the pedals to the rear seat is 118cm
Q9. What are the box dimensions?
A. The size of this Opti rowing machine box is 45cm by 19cm by 145cm
Q10. How long does assembly take?
A. It depends on your skill level but should take on average 30 to 40 minutes
Part 2: Opti Magnetic Rowing Machine - Features, Pros & Cons
Pros you will Like (6)
- This rowing machine offers a two section magnetic brake system which is not available on many other rowing machines that you come across in the sector which helps to create a smoother rowing action.
- It creates a low impact cardio workout to help you tone up various muscle groups, lose weight, get fitter and build up your stamina levels particular in your arms and shoulders.
- The tension dial works great to and it gives you 8 different levels to choose from – we were very pleased with this feature for sure.
- The foot plates, straps and saddle were nice and comfortable and plenty big enough to accommodate larger than normal feet sizes. The straps gave a nice sense of tightness and security while being flexible at the same time
- Included are the 2 x AAA batteries in the pack which is one less thing to worry about.
- Home assembly was a lot easier than expected which includes a well laid out manual and it has the integrated transport wheels also which makes it easier to move around your home from room to room.
Cons we came across (6)
- Many people seem to be under the impression that this rowing machine can be folded – this is definitely not the case! Many other rowing machines offer a foldable solution, but this rowing machine does not. It can only be stood upright.
- Unfortunately, there are no heart rate or pulse rate sensor tracking included on this rowing machine that is available on higher end premium rowing machines.
- There is no MP3 connection, no Bluetooth connectivity or loud speakers which can help keep you entertained and motivated for longer.
- Some of the tracking would seem to be a little off – particularly the calorie counting which seems to be more of a guide that anything else – we would have liked this to be more accurate.
- This machine is limited to a max user weight of 100kg only or 15 stone and 10Ibs – many other rowing machines are able to handle weights of up to 115kg and in some cases more than 115kg
- There are limitations with leg lengths in that your inside leg length can only be a max 97cm long
Price Guide: £130 to £180 @ Argos UK
Further images of the Opti Magnetic Rowing Machine are outlined below (4)
Product Specification Information:
Height is 68cm
Length is 1.56m
Width is 46cm
Box size 19x45x145cm
Guide inside leg length 97cm
Max user weight 15st 10Ibs
Or a max of 100kg
Box weight 21kg
Net weight 19kg
Console Tracking Ability:
Strokes per minute
Read also: Our Roger Black Rowing Machine Review Here
Part 3: Overview of lower priced Alternatives from Opti
If the higher priced Opti Magnetic Rowing Machine hasn’t ticked all off your boxes just yet and you need to spend a little less, then check out 2 further alternative options below also from the Opti brand as follows…
Part 4: Conclusion and Feedback Examples
What do previous customers say? Here are 6 examples
- Worked exactly as expected and easy to assemble. Price was reasonable, and it provided a good workout without any issues
- Nice and simple machine to use without any complications but didn’t like the Velcro straps and the counter seems a little flimsy
- Had expected to be able to fold it up after use but it can only stand upright which wasn’t too bad anyway as it has the transport rollers on the base
- Good compact little machine, plus good value for the money and the tension settings gives lots of variability with your workout sessions – well worth it.
- Instructions are very basic and could have offered more help, better pictures and clearer instructions to get the job done more quickly
- It is not too heavy to move around, it is smooth and the noise level is fine. It took longer than expected to get it assembled but seems robust after limited use. Little squeaky though with heavier users but so far so good
While this is not the best rowing machine we have ever used, it is certainly the best under the Opti brand from what we have seen and tested and for the price, it is great value for what you get. Some rowing machines nowadays can cost you an arm and a leg but thankfully this rowing machine, though basic enough still offers a lot for what you get. In summary, we would have no hesitation in recommending it further to the UK public, especially if you have less than £180 to spend.
One good thing to know in the background is that there is a customer support team in the background also at 0345 600 11714 in the event that you come across any problems with the setup, parts or overall functionality of the machine. In addition to this support, you get a 12-month warranty to protect your investment from a reputable retailer and supplier.
What about your feedback?
What you ever used an Opti Rowing Machine yourself in the past? Did you like it or dislike it? Perhaps you can share your own experiences in the comment box section below – so that others can learn also!
Part 5: Video Summary of 4 Rowing Machines from Opti
- How to Assemble an Opti Hydraulic Rowing Machine 2021
- Opti Rowing Machine Review 2021 – Power Levels?
- V-Fit Tornado Air Rower Review 2021 – Quality Vs Price
- How to Assemble a JLL R200 Rowing Machine 2021 – Video Tips
- JLL Rowing Machine Review 2021 – Compared with FAQ’s
- Roger Black Rowing Machine Reviews 2021– FAQ’s Included