Hello and many thanks again for taking the time to visit and if you are look for a cheap weight bench in the UK, then make sure to check out this brief review which will outline 5 really popular options based on our research across the market from reputable suppliers.
This list will feature 5 cheap weight benches that represent various brands (we have avoided cheaper lower quality models) and most are available for less than £100 at the time of this review and the one advantage here is that they can be all ordered online from a secure location and get delivered to your home hassle free.
Brief Operational Points to note when using Weight Benches:
- Always first warm up and prepare your muscles before you start lifting weights with some easy arm stretches. A safe lifting positioning is needed to protect your joints and your feet need to be under your knees in order to be able to contract the glutes during the lifting movement and your chest must be arched to establish a stable base of your shoulder blades
- Several joints such as shoulders, wrists, elbows and your back can become vulnerable when safe lifting techniques are not implemented
- Ensure the weight rack above is stable and secure and the pins locked into position and clips at the end of the bars in case you fail
- If you are training at home on your own, you should leave the clips off in case you get stuck under the bar so that they can slide off to the side.
- Make sure the alignment and everything else is in the centre and when you lay back your eyes should be at the same height of the bar to assist in the lift from the rack and ensuring the bar path is exercised correctly
Before you view our short list of 5 cheap weight benches, feel free also to check out the featured video below which will outline several tips to get the most out of your new weight bench and to avoid common mistakes seen from several other users in the past and to ensure safety of your joints at all times in the process.
Video Demo – Weight Bench Operational Tips
Cheap Weight Benches in the UK
Our researched list of 5 Cheap Weight Benches in the UK is based on what was available from 2 different suppliers today and is outlined in summary as follows
- Argos UK – 2 Weight Bench Options
- Amazon UK – 3 Weight Bench Options
Please be aware also that many of these prices can change slightly from month to month or week to week depending on local discount activities so please make sure to view the price checkers outlined below to ensure you have the most accurate up to date price information.
Main Features to Note:
- The first cheap weight bench on this list is the V Fit Fit Herculean STB 09 1 Folding Weight Bench from Amazon UK which has the leg unit and fly and the price tag is generally available for less than £100 when last seen on sale which overall serves as an ideal starter multi-purpose weight training bench.
- This weight bench has a solid and robust tubular steel main frame 38mm and 33mm which is also chip resistant and another great feature is the fact that it can be folded upright for convenient storage when not in use.
- There is the deep padded vinyl covered seat with the backrest which can be adjusted to 4 positions, it has the expanded foam grips and leg rollers and also the removable, height adjustable leg attachment. In terms of weights, there is a max barbell weight which stands at 90kg and a maximum leg extensions weight of 35kg
- The dimensions here are L138cm by W57cm by H107cm and the maximum user weight guide allowance is 110kg (when folded = L72cm by W57cm by H130cm). Delivery is usually 5 working days on average.
- The price region when last seen on sale with Amazon UK at the time of this review was for less than £100 which can be double checked below (12-month warranty applies)
Main Features to Note:
- The second cheap weight bench on this list is the Everlast Weight Bench in the UK which also has a price tag generally for less than £100 when last seen on sale and is definitely worth a closer look
- The one thing here that will attract many buyers is the fact that the weight plates and barbell is included in the overall package which is 20kg total weight which is broken down as 2 x 5kg and 4 x 2.5kg different weight plates. As outlined in the image, there is the built-in barbell rack, the padded seat and back support and the barbell in the package so you don’t need to buy further weights as it is all included for you.
- This weight bench would also be seen as an ideal starter multi-purpose weight training bench but also has additional features such as the padded preacher curl attachment and the leg curl with thigh extension and the weight plate holder.
- The maximum loaded weight here is 150kg, the maximum user weight allowed is 100kg and the dimensions when assembled is L158cm by W111cm by H 115cm. In terms of delivery, it is usually 5 working days on average and they can be contacted again on 01623 745 467 if you have any specific queries about the specification
- The price range when last viewed on sale at the time of this review was in the £70 to £100 cost range which again can be double checked below if you think this will be a viable option for you.
3, Opti Bench with 30kg Weights
Main Features to Note:
- The third cheap weight bench for you to consider here is from Argos UK and it’s the Opti Weight Bench with 30kg of weights included which generally has a price tag for less than £85 when last seen on sale and is definitely worth some consideration before you make your final decision.
- The backrest here has 3 different positions to choose from (flat / incline / decline), it comes complete with a standard bar and six weight plates each with 5kg (total 30kg) and it works as a decent functional weight bench which can also be of great use when doing preacher curls.
- It provides great value for the amount of money you need to spend and it is quite easy to assemble. Always make sure to apply the weights when it is on the floor and not on the rack.
- Please note also that the maximum user weight allowed here is 100kg and the dimensions when assembled is H120cm by W120cm by D110cm.
- The price range when last seen on sale with Argos UK at the time of this review was in the £65 to £85 cost range which again can be double checked below if needed.
4, Opti Butterfly Workout Bench
Main Features to Note:
- At number 4 and the second cheap weight bench from Argos UK is the Opti Butterfly Workout Bench which usually has a price tag for less than £100 when last seen on sale and is definitely worth a closer look but please note that the weight plates are not included in this package so they will need to be bought separately.
- You can complete a wide range of exercises here such as the bench presses, butterfly exercises, leg extension exercises and also hamstring curls to give your entire body a great workout to cover many types of muscle groups – overall it is a mini versatile multi purpose home gym!
- There are 3 additional backrest incline angles to choose from and the maximum weight loadings allowed here for the barbell stands is 80kg, the leg extension is 35kg and the pec arms are 20kg each.
- It comes flat packed and needs to be assembled at home (30 minutes average) and please note also that the maximum user weight allowed here is 110kg and the dimensions when assembled is H107cm by W107.5cm by D42cm so make sure you have enough space for it first
- In terms of cost, the price range when last seen on sale with Argos UK at the time of this review was in the £70 to £100 cost range which of course can be double checked below if you believe this bench can work for you in your own home
5, TNP Accessories Folding Weight Bench
Main Features to Note:
- The last cheap weight bench here on this list is from Amazon UK and it’s the TNP Accessories Folding Weight Bench which is considered as a heavy duty set as it can serve several purposes due to the multi array of exercises that you can complete and is perfect for barbell type workouts and also knee bends
- It comes at a really low price but please note that the weights are not included and will need to be purchased separately. One key attraction is the fact that it can be folded neatly away when not in use so it is ideal for people living in smaller type living spaces. It also has a strong and sturdy barbell rack for the barbells
- It consists of a 2 inch gauge steel frame, an extra strong 1.5mm thickness for robustness which features a Q195 steel frame. The size then to take note of here is L110cm by H55cm by H42cm, it weighs just 18kg and allows a max user weight of 100kg. There are also 12 adjustable levels that you can select and work through and the assembly instruction manual is included which normally takes 15 to 20 minutes of your time
- In terms of cost, the price range when last seen on sale with Amazon at the time of this review was for less than £60 which of course can be double checked below if you wish to take a closer look
So, after viewing these 5 options, we really hope that you found our featured video and list of Cheap Weight Benches in the UK useful in some way. Also, while you are here, feel free to view other low-priced Fitness Equipment outlined as follows:
Have you any experience yourself with using Cheap Weight Benches in the recent past? Are there any others that you would recommend in particular?
If possible, please share your own thoughts or recommendations by leaving a comment in the comment box section below – so that others across the community can learn also! (tick the box before you submit the comment and your email address is kept strictly confidential and won’t be visible to the general public)